To Take, or Not To Take!

To ensure your move day runs without a hiccup, we have compiled a list of items which you should keep with you on your move day, and a list of items which are classified as dangerous goods and are therefore not transportable. It may assist your decision in what “to take, or not to take”!

Personal Items you should keep during your move

  • Passport and Visa
  • Wallet or Handbag
  • Mobile phone and address book
  • Plane, bus and train tickets
  • Traveller Cheques
  • Duplicate Keys – Car, House
  • Small items of extreme value
  • Insurance Policies
  • Medicines
  • Medical and accident insurance
  • Motor vehicle ownership records
  • Credit Cards and Drivers Licence
  • Wills / Testaments
  • Copies of Marriage / birth certificates or divorce decree

Dangerous Items we cannot transport for safety reasons

  • Ammunition
  • Linseed Oil
  • Bleach Products
  • Gas Cylinders
  • Turpentine
  • Kerosene
  • Petrol
  • Cleaning Fluids
  • Aerosols of any kind
  • Vegetable Oils
  • Chemical Sets
  • Paint Cans (new or partially used)
  • Matches / Firelighters
  • Weed Killers / Pesticides

Removal of Plants

  1. Ensure the last water is 2-3 days prior to your move, otherwise leaking water may damage your cartons or furniture
  2. Terracotta, ceramic and plastic pots are not ideal for long journeys as they can crack due to the weight of the soil when there is vibration


Check if your plants require certification when moving interstate. To maintain safe and pest free agricultural and farming areas throughout Australia, quarantine restrictions are imposed on the movements of plants to various states within Australia.

Plants being transported to Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory may require certification.

For further information regarding moving your plants, please contact the Department of Primary Industries, Victoria (Plant Standards Branch) 1800 084 881 or email

Quick Contact
Quick Contact