AFRA Member Criteria
Removalists – Why Select An AFRA Removal Member
Removalists in Melbourne – Interstate Removalists
AFRA Information Checklist
IMPORTANT: ONLY select an AFRA member when moving house.There are many reasons to use an AFRA Member, including:
- Every AFRA furniture removalist has met a strict criteria and agrees to abide by a Code of Conduct
- Every Member puts up a financial bond to the Association to illustrate their commitment to the Code of Conduct
- AFRA Members have the correct paperwork for insurance, quotations, contracts and inventories
- Anyone using an AFRA Member can access information to help them with their relocation through the AFRA Office
- AFRA has a training program available to all Members. AFRA Members are required to provide training for all their staff.
- AFRA also provides training tools to Members to ensure their staff perform professionally and safely
- AFRA Members are required to carry insurance, for their protection and for their clients’ personal safety. They can also offer you the correct Transit insurance to further protect your possessions
- Each AFRA Member has approved premises for conducting their business, secure storage facilities where a member gives this service, and properly maintained vehicles that are appropriate for the conduct of their business
- The assurance that your removal will be completed with as little drama as possible.
- The security of knowing your furniture will arrive and not disappear without a trace.
- The assurance that any grievances will be taken seriously and handled by the company in the first instance, AFRA head office if still dissatisfied, and an independent disputes tribunal for adjudication if required. The AFRA Member has agreed to abide by this decision. The client may also take further action through Fair Trading, if, after this process they are still dissatisfied.
- AFRA’s Code of Conduct, which is binding on all members, makes provision for the resolution of disputes between members and their customers.
Members are required to deal promptly with complaints received from customers. Customers are entitled to notify AFRA of any complaint about a member, and on such a complaint being made, the member must promptly provide AFRA with whatever information it requests, and fully cooperate with AFRA in the resolution of the complaint.
If efforts to resolve the complaint are unsuccessful, the customer is entitled to have the dispute determined by AFRA who appoints an Independent Disputes Tribunal for this purpose. The member is bound by that determination unless the customer indicates that they are not prepared to accept the determination and commence legal proceedings, or apply to the Department of Fair Trading for a determination.
For more information regarding this matter, see Resolution of Customer Disputes.
A full explanation for Choosing a Removalist and the reason to choose and AFRA removalist can be found in The 12 Most Important Reasons to Use an AFRA Member.
Transcorp Removals & Storage
Proud AFRA Member & Winner 2008,2009,2010 & 2011 Removal Company Of The Year
1300 466 838 (Toll Free)